(This is Day 21 of our series on the “Best Card From” each year, 1960-1989. Read all...Read More
Category: Oddball Baseball Cards
(This is Day 27 of our response to Tony L.’s 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge. See all our posts in...Read More
The first time I ever heard of Herb Washington was at the exact moment I “discovered” the 1975 Topps Mini set.
It was at a dank but sprawling junk shop (the owners called it an “antique shop”) in one of the towns near where I grew up. The owner’s son had commandeered a dark corner and set up a couple of display cases full of baseball cards he was selling from his personal collection.
1975-topps-407-herb-washington-37849This was about 1983, and the guy was a good 10 years older than me. He had been hitting the hobby hard for most of his life, and his wares stretched all the way back into the 1950s.Read More
Never Miss a Post!
- You May Have Missed These Awesome Baseball Card Posts … from 2010!
- Who are the only players to hit two home runs in an inning more than once?
- If the Characters of ‘Dallas’ Were Played by Baseball Cards …
- Aurelio Lopez and His Melancholy Rookie Card
- Mickey Morandini and the Merry Men of the Unassisted Triple Play
- 2017 Hall of Fame
- 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge
- Baseball Books
- Baseball Card Challenges
- Baseball Card Reader
- Baseball Card Statistics
- Baseball Cards
- Baseball Trivia
- Basketball Cards
- Best Card From
- Birthday Cards
- Book Reviews
- Cards that Never Were
- Collector Stories
- Donruss Baseball Cards
- Fleer Baseball Cards
- Hall of Fame
- O-Pee-Chee Baseball Cards
- Oddball Baseball Cards
- Reader Polls
- Subscriber Exclusives
- Topps Baseball Cards
- Upper Deck Baseball Cards